The Boys National School was founded back in 1863 and the first boy to attend was John Coogan. The school has a long history, it has been located in a number of buildings including what we now know as the Annexe, St. Mary’s Hall Beech Corner, the Enterprise Centre, and its present location in what was formerly St. Mary’s Secondary School.